Thai Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups finely shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding the carrots during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, water, lime juice, molasses, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes until blended. Drain spaghetti and carrots; place in a large bowl. Add cabbage, chicken and dressing; toss to coat.
- 3. Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 400 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.