- 12 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups finely shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding the carrots during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk peanut butter, water, lime juice, molasses, soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes until blended. Drain spaghetti and carrots; place in a large bowl. Add cabbage, chicken and dressing; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and peanuts. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Pasta Salad
Sort By :
We enjoyed this salad. Agree the dressing is too thick. I didn't want to reduce the amount of peanut butter so just added additional water (warm) until I got the consistency I wanted. In fact, I ended up making another half batch of dressing because it didn't seem like there was enough--pasta was kind of "dry." Added more red peppers as we like hot & spicy. Used cole slaw cabbage mix that also contained chopped carrots to simplify and added chopped green onions.
Easy and delicious, this sauce is a new favorite. I reduced the amount of peanut butter, and the dressing was easy to work with. The flavor was even better the second day.
Terrible taste, put in trash.
We loved this! dressing was very thick we doubled it and it was a little much but, when warmed it softened:)
We loved this!