Salsa and peanut butter make a taste-tempting pair in this unique chicken recipe from Michelle Van Loon of Gurnee, Illinois. "Its innovative flavor combination, fresh taste and ease of preparation will bowl you over," says Michelle.
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Set aside.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add red pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Drain fettuccine; top with chicken mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Thai Chicken Fettuccine in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p41
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review