- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Set aside.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add red pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Drain fettuccine; top with chicken mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Fettuccine
"Love this stuff. Wonderful sauce."
"We loved this recipe! I made it exactly as written except I added some broccoli florets and snow peas. It made for a very filling dinner with egg rolls on the side."
"As others have said, the flavor combination was odd. I know Thai food use peanuts or peanut butter in some dishes but the addition of honey and OJ.... the OJ really stood out. I won't make this again :("
"This is one of my favorite meals. Every time I've cooked it (usually for 20 people or more) I get rave reviews. Instead of the microwave I just put the the sauce in a saucepan on the stove and just heat it until it's warm as not to lose any of the spice of the salsa."
"This recipe is absolutely wonderful. I used over a pound of shrimp instead of chicken, but followed the recipe otherwise. There was plenty of sauce, spice, flavor, etc. Family loved it! Yum!"
"Very tasty. I made it exactly as the recipe stated except that I threw in some sliced carrots and subbed brown sugar for the honey snce I had run out of it. Reminded me of my favorite restaurant. Good stuff"
"Very tasty, I added a little of the lemon & pepper seasoning to kick up the citrus from the oj. even the 5year liked it ;) thanks"
"Don't worry about the ingredients list - it seems like a strange combination but is totally tasty. I thought this recipe was super yummy. It's very easy to make, especially with the sauce being made in the microwave. My husband loved it too. Will definitely make again!"
"So easy and quick!!!"
"My whole family enjoyed this dish. The only thing I did different, was I cooked the chicken w/fresh garlic to give it a little more flavor."