Thai Chicken Fettuccine Recipe
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- For sauce, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Set aside.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Add red pepper; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Drain fettuccine; top with chicken mixture and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Chicken Fettuccine
Sort By :
As others have said, the flavor combination was odd. I know Thai food use peanuts or peanut butter in some dishes but the addition of honey and OJ.... the OJ really stood out. I won't make this again :(
This is one of my favorite meals. Every time I've cooked it (usually for 20 people or more) I get rave reviews. Instead of the microwave I just put the the sauce in a saucepan on the stove and just heat it until it's warm as not to lose any of the spice of the salsa.
This recipe is absolutely wonderful. I used over a pound of shrimp instead of chicken, but followed the recipe otherwise. There was plenty of sauce, spice, flavor, etc. Family loved it! Yum!
Very tasty. I made it exactly as the recipe stated except that I threw in some sliced carrots and subbed brown sugar for the honey snce I had run out of it. Reminded me of my favorite restaurant. Good stuff
I make this often and really enjoy it; usually I serve it over couscous. I normally add onions, and sometimes whatever other vegetables I have on hand, sauteing them until they're tender. And because I like a stronger orange flavor, I use 2 tab of OJ concentrate.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >