- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until outside surface of chicken is no longer pink. Add green onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and stock until smooth; stir into pan. Add coconut milk, lime juice, curry paste and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with rice; sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Thai Chicken Curry
"Sorry, but this just wasn't good. Tasteless."
"I think this a very good basic recipe. She said she toned it way down to be palatable for most people. I too added more spice, but have lived in these countries and grew accustomed to the flavor. Thank you for sharing the recipe."
"Even the kids liked it. Next time I will add more curry, garlic etc to amp up the flavor."
"I added red bell peppers and bamboo shoots to this and quite a bit more curry to give it a more authentic Thai flavor."
"We enjoy the chicken curry and will have to spice it up a little to make real and more enjoyable"
"have made this twice now, with substitutions. It's a huge hit with the entire family. Second time, I just laid it on a bed of spinach - yum!! I was out of coconut milk the second time and used some sweetened condensed milk instead, cooking the coconut into the sauce - my husband really loved it."
"OMG so good. I added a lot more curry paste. I also toasted the unsweetened coconut to put on top. This gave it an extra added flavor. On the side I did Near East brown rice. Would definitely make again."
"I used a tablespoon of masman curry paste. I also added vegetables beans, cauliflower, broccoli, eggplant, potatoes and peas What I had from the garden"
"My husband and I agree with the previous review. This was really bland and thin tasting."
"Not even close to a Thai curry. Needs peppers, vegetables and way more curry paste."