Thai Chicken Curry Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1. Toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until outside surface of chicken is no longer pink. Add green onions and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and stock until smooth; stir into pan. Add coconut milk, lime juice, curry paste and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with rice; sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 358 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer