Thai Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
A distinctive peanut sauce complements this colorful combination of tender sirloin strips, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli and mushrooms. I like to dish it up over spaghetti, but you could also use fried noodles.—Janice Fehr, Austin, Manitoba
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 3 tablespoons oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, stir-fry cauliflower and carrots in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add broccoli; stir-fry for 7 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 6-8 minutes longer or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add beef and peanut butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until peanut butter is blended. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC