- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 3 tablespoons oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry cauliflower and carrots in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add broccoli; stir-fry for 7 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 6-8 minutes longer or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add beef and peanut butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until peanut butter is blended. Serve with spaghetti. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Freeze option: Do not cook spaghetti. Freeze cooled beef mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Place beef mixture in a large skillet; heat through, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Serve with spaghetti and sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Thai Beef Stir-Fry
"Another good meal - I didn't have the ground ginger - so I added 1/8 tsp of allspice and I used chicken broth instead of beef broth, the taste was great. I enjoy cooking again - continuing to look for something new."
"My family loved this dish, and I'm working with some picky eaters! I changed the dish, omitting the beef and substituting chicken (so instead of beef both, I used chicken broth too). It turned out delicious and will keep this recipe at the top of my stack!"
"My kids love this dish!!"
"very flavorful and easy the whole family loved it"