Thai Beef Salad
Napa cabbage, also known as Chinese cabbage, has white ribs and green leaves. It's commonly used in Asian cooking and can be found year-round in the produce section of your local grocery store.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 cups shredded napa or Chinese cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 6 tablespoons oil, 1
- tablespoon lime juice, chili sauce and cilantro; shake well. In a
- large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots and cucumber. Drizzle with
- dressing and toss to coat; arrange on four plates.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, garlic, coriander and basil in
- remaining oil for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with remaining lime juice. Spoon beef and pan juices over
- salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup beef mixture with 1-1/4 cups salad equals 488 calories, 32 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium,