Thai Beef Salad Recipe
Napa cabbage, also known as Chinese cabbage, has white ribs and green leaves. It's commonly used in Asian cooking and can be found year-round in the produce section of your local grocery store.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 6 cups shredded napa or Chinese cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 6 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, chili sauce and cilantro; shake well. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat; arrange on four plates.
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, garlic, coriander and basil in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining lime juice. Spoon beef and pan juices over salad. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Thai Beef Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p70
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Beef Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review