A local restaurant served this unique salad, and we loved it so much that we created our own version. It's a great way to use up leftover beef. —Alma Winberry, Great Falls, Montana
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- THAI SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup peanut oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Drain spaghetti and rinse in cold water; toss with 1/2 cup dressing. Place in a large serving dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, red pepper and onions. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Arrange lettuce mixture over spaghetti. Top with roast beef; sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Thai Beef Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p61
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Beef Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review