Thai Beef Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- THAI SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup peanut oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound deli roast beef, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Drain spaghetti and rinse in cold water; toss with 1/2 cup dressing. Place in a large serving dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, red pepper and onions. Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Arrange lettuce mixture over spaghetti. Top with roast beef; sprinkle with peanuts if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Beef Pasta Salad(8)
Sort By :
Made recipe exactly as written to start with...While I love vinegar, I found the amount called for to be way too overpowering and had to add tons of peanut butter, honey and sesame oil to tone it down. Also used (and recommend) Asian noodles rather than spaghetti. Overall, I liked the concept and might make it again with a lot less vinegar!
This is the second time this week I have made this salad, and this is definately a keeper. I did not use sugar, but used agave syrup. I also added a few drops of sesame oil and cilantro to the dressing. I had a pineapple and some home grown cherry tomatoes so I added those to the salad as well.
Excellent recipe! Just added a few drops of sesame oil, and served with a Thai rice noodle. Thanks!
As already mentioned a bit of Sesame Oil really brings something to the party. Personally, I prefer an Oriental type noodle.
Love, love, love this salad!!!!!!!! I like to saute strips of seasoned tender beef & serve hot on the cold salad.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Salads >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Easy Thai Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Salads >
- Peanut Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >