Thai Beef Noodle Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cooked and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. For dressing, combine the first 10 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add the broccoli, peas, red pepper, zucchini, celery and cooked beef. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 367 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 880mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Thai Beef Noodle Salad
"Delicious...I made some substitutions and adjusted the recipe toserve 2. I used sugar snap peas instead of snow peas which are hard to find at my store. Added a bit of sugar to the dressing and let it sit at room temp before serving. A chilled salad didn't sound good to me. Was delicious."
"Very tasty! Eliminated the zucchini and substituted cucumber. (That's what I had on hand.) Delish!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.