"When I worked as a cook on the ferries that travel between Bellingham, Washington and southeastern Alaska. I served this salad to our passengers and crew, and it always received compliments," notes Patricia Morgan of Haines, Alaska. "It's best chilled overnight."
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cooked and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- For dressing, combine the first 10 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add the broccoli, peas, red pepper, zucchini, celery and cooked beef. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Thai Beef Noodle Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Thai Beef Noodle Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review