- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded serrano pepper
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh lemongrass
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (17 ounces) refrigerated beef roast au jus
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 8 frozen empanada wrappers (6 inches), thawed
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 teaspoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil until tender. Stir in the serrano pepper, oyster sauce, lemongrass and sugar; cook for 1 minute. Using two forks, shred enough beef roast to measure 1 cup (save remaining roast for another use); stir into skillet. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon rice over half of each empanada wrapper to within 1/4 in. of edges; top with 2 tablespoons beef mixture and a basil leaf. Brush jelly over opposite half of each wrapper. Fold dough over filling. Moisten edges with water; press with a fork to seal and prick tops.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining oil. Bake at 425° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 empanadas.
Originally published as Thai Beef Empanadas in Fresh Home Summer 2010, p99
Reviews for Thai Beef Empanadas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review