Texican Rice Salad Recipe
This dish is a favorite of my husband's and makes use of the plentiful rice grown in our area. I make it often!—Rebecca Mininger, Jeromesville, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce, garlic, salt and chili powder; add to meat mixture. Stir in the rice, beans and chilies. Cover and cook over medium until heated through. Add tomato; cook 5 minutes longer.
- 3. For each serving, spoon 1 cup meat mixture over lettuce and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Texican Rice Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC