- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 2-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Brown beef in the drippings over medium heat; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add bacon and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Reviews for Texican Chili
Sort By :
"Good recipe! I use ground turkey instead of beef and cilantro instead of parsley. Very tasty!"
"I love this recipe, I like to add a little something with red pepper flakes and hot sauce sometimes as well."
"Good recipe, but being a Texan I have to say....This is neither Texan or Mexican, much less a mixture of the two."
"I made this recipe out of my "best loved recipes" cookbook and I loved it! So did our 4 year old son. My husband ate it and said it was good, but he prefers the flavor of "normal ground beef chili" LOL... his words, not mine. I will be using this as my go to chili recipe now."
"Good recipe. I don't know why "hunters" loving it would make a difference one way or the other, but tasty recipe nonetheless."