Texas Two-Step Slaw
Shared by Sharon Wencel of Austin, Texas, this quick and colorful slaw is laced with ranch dressing. “It's a family favorite and comes together in minutes, but chilling for an hour helps to blend the flavors,” she offers for those with time to plan ahead.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup Mexicorn, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the salad dressing, lime juice and cumin. Pour over the
- coleslaw and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and fat-free dressing) equals 58 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.