- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup Mexicorn, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, lime juice and cumin. Pour over the coleslaw and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Texas Two-Step Slaw
"love at first bite. I use it with popcorn shrimp to make yummy shrimp tacos."
"I first made this coleslaw 6 years ago when I saw it in Simple & Delicious. My grandmother gave me a gift subscription because I was newly married and didn't really know how to cook. My husband loved it!! I make it often in the summer and now it has gotten around our family and friends so when there is a baby shower or picnic I am always asked to bring my "spicy coleslaw!" People tell me they are not big on coleslaw, but this one they like!! Thanks for a great recipe that now brings to mind great memories!"
"My whole family just loves this! I make it often during the hot summer when u dont want to use the oven. Yummy!!!"
"This recipe is identical to Ranch Coleslaw. We were disappointed in the recipe and will not make it again."
"This is my very favorite slaw recipe! It is a staple on our table in the summer. A perfect compliment for pulled pork sandwiches, hamburgers and hot dogs. I like to add some additional lime juice. Yum!"
"I was hesitant to try this because of the rather unusual ingredients for coleslaw, but I was pleasantly surprised! It was very good and is a great side dish for Tex/Mex menus! I love cilantro so I added even more of that. My kids didn't like it, but they're not that adventurous. I think I'll try this on my coworkers the next time we have a potluck lunch..."
"I made this last night, and my husband and I loved it! If you don't like things hot, you may want to adjust the amount of pepper. Also, the cumin flavor is really strong if you don't like that flavor. We love both, so it was really tasty. The only problem is that we ate almost the whole bowl for just the two of us!"