Shared by Sharon Wencel of Austin, Texas, this quick and colorful slaw is laced with ranch dressing. “It's a family favorite and comes together in minutes, but chilling for an hour helps to blend the flavors,” she offers for those with time to plan ahead.
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup Mexicorn, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, lime juice and cumin. Pour over the coleslaw and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Texas Two-Step Slaw in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p21
Reviews for Texas Two-Step Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review