I came up with this pleasing pairing of corn and summer squash as a side dish for a Mexican buffet. Family and friends who have tried it are generous with their compliments and recipe requests. This delicious dish is a regular menu item when husband Bob and I entertain. -Pauline Howard, Lago Vista, Texas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the squash, garlic, chilies, salt and pepper. Saute until squash is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add corn; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Texas Two-Step Corn Medley in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p29
Reviews for Texas Two-Step Corn Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2009
"I made this recipe when it first came out in TOH and my family loved it. It has great flavor and I've made it many times."