I came up with this pleasing pairing of corn and summer squash as a side dish for a Mexican buffet. Family and friends who have tried it are generous with their compliments and recipe requests. This delicious dish is a regular menu item when husband Bob and I entertain. -Pauline Howard, Lago Vista, Texas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the squash, garlic, chilies, salt and pepper. Saute until squash is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add corn; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Texas Two-Step Corn Medley in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p29
Reviews for Texas Two-Step Corn Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2009
"I made this recipe when it first came out in TOH and my family loved it. It has great flavor and I've made it many times."