- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream, optional
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the turkey, onion and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. Add the corn, picante sauce, broth, salt, cumin and cayenne. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Spoon over tortillas. Top with tomato, lettuce, cheese and, if desired, sour cream. Roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Texas Turkey Tacos
"This was quick, easy, and delicious! I doubled the recipe as there is four of us. It has great flavor! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely make again!"
"This was amazingly fantastic. We did ours with crunchy taco shells and it worked great. We were able to make a total of 8 crunchy tacos."