Texas Turkey Soup Recipe
I'm not really fond of soup, so I was a little hesitant to try this recipe. But after some adjustments over the years, I've come to love this one-of-a-kind turkey soup.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 large white onions, halved
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup each frozen corn, cut green beans and peas
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked noodles
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, turkey, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Return to a boil; add noodles. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove bay leaves. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 152 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 692 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC