Texas Turkey Soup Recipe
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 large white onions, halved
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup each frozen corn, cut green beans and peas
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked noodles
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine the broth, turkey, vegetables and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Return to a boil; add noodles. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to soup. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove bay leaves. Yield: 10-12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Texas Turkey Soup(1)
Sort By :
My family hates leftovers. So, using up the leftover holiday Turkey is a challenge. This soup was wonderful. It was relatively quick and had a great flavor. Everyone ate seconds. I increased the carrots to 4 but otherwise followed the recipie. I will definitely make this again.