Texas Toast Turkey Melts Recipe
Strips of bacon and warm cheese sauce turn these open-faced sandwiches into a lip-smacking lunch. "Serve with a bowl of soup for speedy meal," suggests Karen Gentry from Somerset, Kentucky. "They're just as good when the turkey is replaced with ham."
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 thick slices fresh white bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 18 bacon strips, cooked
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- Butter one side of each slice of bread; place buttered side up on a baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Top with turkey; broil for 2 minutes or until heated through. Top each with three strips of bacon.
- Place cheese sauce in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 45 seconds longer or until heated through. Pour over sandwiches. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Texas Toast Turkey Melts in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p9
Reviews for Texas Toast Turkey Melts(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >