Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 6 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 Muenster cheese slices (1/2 ounce each)
- 6 tomato slices
- 1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chipotle pepper. Heat Texas toast on a foil-lined baking sheet according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef in batches over medium heat until no longer pink.
- 3. Layer warmed Texas toast with spinach, steaks, mayonnaise mixture, cheese and tomato. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 383 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches
"We LOVE these and they are very easy to make kid friendly by making a few without peppers. Going to try grilling the steaks tonight!"