Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches
These hearty open-faced sandwiches from Taryn Kuebelbeck are layered with fresh spinach, cheese, tomato and beef. Serve with ice-cold lemonade for a knockout summer lunch!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 6 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 Muenster cheese slices (1/2 ounce each)
- 6 tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chipotle pepper. Heat Texas
- toast on a foil-lined baking sheet according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef in
- batches over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Layer warmed Texas toast with spinach, steaks, mayonnaise mixture,
- cheese and tomato. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 open-faced sandwich equals 383 calories, 19 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.