Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches Recipe
These hearty open-faced sandwiches from Taryn Kuebelbeck are layered with fresh spinach, cheese, tomato and beef. Serve with ice-cold lemonade for a knockout summer lunch!
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 6 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 Muenster cheese slices (1/2 ounce each)
- 6 tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chipotle pepper. Heat Texas toast on a foil-lined baking sheet according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef in batches over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Layer warmed Texas toast with spinach, steaks, mayonnaise mixture, cheese and tomato. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p24
Reviews for Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 30, 2011
We LOVE these and they are very easy to make kid friendly by making a few without peppers. Going to try grilling the steaks tonight!