- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 6 slices Texas toast
- 6 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 Muenster cheese slices (1/2 ounce each)
- 6 tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chipotle pepper. Heat Texas toast on a foil-lined baking sheet according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook beef in batches over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Layer warmed Texas toast with spinach, steaks, mayonnaise mixture, cheese and tomato. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p24
Reviews for Texas Toast Steak Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 30, 2011
"We LOVE these and they are very easy to make kid friendly by making a few without peppers. Going to try grilling the steaks tonight!"