Texas Tamale Pie
"My aunt shared this great South Texas dish with me," relates Billy Boyd of Houston, Texas. With just four ingredients, the spicy southwestern casserole can be served swiftly...and will undoubtedly disappear quickly. "When I take it to church dinners, there are not leftovers," he says.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) beef tamales, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, spoon
- chili into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with tamales.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Top with cooked rice;
- sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is
- melted. Yield: 6 servings.