- 1 package (6.8 ounces) Spanish rice and pasta mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) beef tamales, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, spoon chili into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with tamales.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Top with cooked rice; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Texas Tamale Pie
"This was so yummy and so easy. Kids loved it. I use 2 cans of chili with beans, and 2 cans of tamales. I used zatarain's spanish rice mix and topped it with mexican blend cheese instead of the cheddar. Baked in a 13x9."
"Great, quick, recipe. The first I made it I used one can of beef tamales...after that I have been using 2 cans. Great dish for leftovers too."