I created this recipe by combining a bunch of ingredients I know my kids always like. It's perfect for making ahead and I often keep the beefy mixture in a slow cooker on warm so the kids can simply stuff into taco shells after an afternoon of rigorous soccer practice. —Susan Scully, Mason, Ohio
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) Minute® Ready to Serve Brown Rice
- 20 taco shells
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomatoes and reduced-fat sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, red pepper and onion over medium heat
- 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are
- tender, breaking up beef into crumbles. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder and salt; bring to
- a boil. Add rice; heat through. Serve in taco shells with toppings
- of your choice. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tacos (calculated without optional toppings) equals 294 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium,