- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve brown rice
- 20 taco shells
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomatoes and reduced-fat sour cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, red pepper and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up beef into crumbles. Drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil. Add rice; heat through. Serve in taco shells with toppings of your choice. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Texas Tacos
"I loved recipes for kids, because kids are very cute and we have to take care them in all activities. Feeding food to them is very important and also we need to give the best vitamins in their food.I found one of best recipes site here for kidshttp://www.reciflix.com/#/category/kids/recipes"
"Great, tasty, filling recipe. I was telling my daughter about it and she said my grandsons (5 and 2) would love it, so I've promised to make it for them soon. I actually just threw about a cup of minute rice into the skillet with the other ingredients after browning the hamburger, onion and pepper and it cooked right along without having to dirty up another pan. Thank you for sharing the recipe."
"Delicious, easy to make - better than the taco packets/seasoning!"