Texas Taco Platter Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce, optional
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add next seven ingredients; simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Add beans and heat though. On a platter, layer the corn chips, rice, meat mixture, cheese, onion, lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Serve with picante sauce if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Texas Taco Platter
Sort By :
"I have been making this for many years and my family absolutely loves it. When I say I'm making Texas Taco Platter, I know I'll have a house full of people."
"What a big hit this was with my Grandkids. Us adults loved it too!"
"made it for one of our parties as a starter--everyone loved it!Thank you "Taste of Home"-JR Ranch"
"Want to try this"
"this is very good :)"