Texas Taco Dip Platter Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) corn chips
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup picante sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add next seven ingredients; simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- 2. Add beans and heat through. On a platter, layer the corn chips, rice, meat mixture, cheese, onion, lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Serve with picante sauce if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 472 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 950 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Texas Taco Dip Platter
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.