- 1 beef flank steak (1/2 pound)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 French rolls, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup salsa or guacamole, optional
- Pound steak to 1/4-in. thickness. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the onion, oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, salt and cumin; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Slice meat across the grain. Serve on rolls. Top with salsa or guacamole if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Texas-Style Steak Sandwiches
Sort By :
The meat was delicious, but the sandwich still felt sort of plain and the guacamole squished out as you ate the sandwich. Next time will do it up with a chipotle mayo, lettuce, tomato slices, avocado slices, red onion and maybe some fresh jalapeno slices.