Texas-Style Spanish Rice Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil for about 2 minutes. Add rice and stir until coated with oil. Add tomatoes, turmeric, cumin, salt, garlic powder and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Add cilantro if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Texas-Style Spanish Rice(5)
Sort By :
This is AWESOME !! Your modified twists are beyond great !! ABSOLUTELY a keeper ! Front page status in my cookbook ! To all readers deciding if they want to try this rice... don't hesitate and don't look any further ! Wonderful flavor and really the best we have ever had ! Thank you for this recipe !!
Loved this recipe, made it tonight for the first time and we thought it was Great!! I added a bit of frozen corn to it and didn't have green pepper so I used orange & red bell instead. This is going on my favorties list for sure!!!
My family really enjoyed the favor of this dish. I tripled the recipe and used brown rice and it came out perfect!
This is the only Spanish rice recipe both my boyfriend and I like. It is delicious. I used a whole can of tomatoes and chiles in mine.
This recipe was a big hit at our family reunion. I doubled the recipe and the pan was empty when dinner was over.