Texas-Style Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Shredded cheddar cheese, salsa and minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, chilies, rice, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; covered and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in the skillet or transfer to a shallow serving dish. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Texas-Style Skillet(2)
Sort By :
Looking for easy weekday recipe, and this certainly is one. Only change I would make is forget the Tortilla chips and serve it with soft taco.
We never have leftovers!! Everyone loves this dish. It has even won 1st place for our sons Boy Scout troop dutch oven cooking competition. Took it home for over 22 family members during hunting season and had them all asking for the recipe. We have eaten it with wraps too.