Texas-Style Fryer Recipe
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. Combine seasoned salt and pepper; rub inside and outside of chicken. Place chicken on rotisserie rod on grill with a drip pan according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in broth and lemon juice.
- 3. Pour into drip pan and place under chicken. Baste with sauce every 15 minutes for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Additional broth may be added to basting sauce if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
12 ounce-weight: 579 calories, 44g fat (20g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 1601mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 42g protein
Reviews for Texas-Style Fryer
"This chicken was amazing! Quick prep, easy cleanup and yummy results! This is definitely a keeper!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.