Spring is a special season for us. That's when we invite family and friends over to see the beautiful wildflowers in our backyard and to sample this tender juicy chicken.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Grill: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine seasoned salt and pepper; rub inside and outside of chicken.
- Place chicken on rotisserie rod on grill with a drip pan according
- to manufacturer's directions.
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in
- broth and lemon juice.
- Pour into drip pan and place under chicken. Baste with sauce every 15
- minutes for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until until a thermometer inserted
- in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Additional broth
- may be added to basting sauce if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 579 calories, 44 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 1,601 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as