Spring is a special season for us. That's when we invite family and friends over to see the beautiful wildflowers in our backyard and to sample this tender juicy chicken.
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine seasoned salt and pepper; rub inside and outside of chicken. Place chicken on rotisserie rod on grill with a drip pan according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in broth and lemon juice.
- Pour into drip pan and place under chicken. Baste with sauce every 15 minutes for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°. Additional broth may be added to basting sauce if necessary. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Texas-Style Fryer in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p92
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Texas-Style Fryer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2012
"This chicken was amazing! Quick prep, easy cleanup and yummy results! This is definitely a keeper!"