Texas-Style BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 56 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.