Texas Stew Recipe
I love to experiment with many different types of recipes. But as a mother of young children, I rely on family-friendly ones more and more. Everyone enjoys this stew. - Kim Balstad, Lewisville, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chili powder to taste
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC