- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Chili powder to taste
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Texas Stew
Sort By :
"I have to say this was a big hit in my house. My husband loved it and he is a picky eater. Though I did change a couple of things. Instead of Ground Beef I used Ground Turkey and chicken broth instead of Beef bouillon cube. I will be making this again. It is a must try."
"my family really loved it.i make it often."
"Homiiny is traditionally a southern dish but it is corn that has been soaked in a weak lye solution. It comes either white or yellow. If you have a Wal-mart, they have their own brand. Bush also has canned hominy, but look close to the corn in your supermarket."
"I'm sorry for my ignorance but what is hominy? Judith"