Texas Snack Mix
Make this fun, easy snack mix in the microwave for a treat anytime. Add extra red pepper sauce for more "kick."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups each Corn Chex, Wheat Chex and Rice Chex
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1 cup cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, peanuts, pretzels and crackers.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, Worcestershire sauce, pepper
- sauce and seasoned salt; pour over cereal mixture.
- Microwave in batches on high for 2 minutes, stirring three times.
- Spread onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets to cool. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 218 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.