Texas-Sized Beef Sandwiches Recipe
“One day I served these hearty open-faced sandwiches to my ceramic class for lunch. They were such a hit that the class wanted them every week,” relates Utha Bonham of Blairsville, Georgia.
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 slices Texas toast, toasted
- 6 slices deli roast beef or ham (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/2 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, mushrooms and cumin in butter until vegetables are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish; spread over toast. Top with the pepper mixture, beef, tomato and cheese.
- 3. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 280 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 792mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein .
Reviews for Texas-Sized Beef Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC