Texas-Sized Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/2 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 slices Texas toast, toasted
- 6 slices deli roast beef or ham (1/2 ounce each)
- 1/2 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper, onion, mushrooms and cumin in butter until vegetables are tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and horseradish; spread over toast. Top with the pepper mixture, beef, tomato and cheese.
- 3. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat butter and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 280 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.