Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring the butter, water and cocoa to a boil. Remove from the heat. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; add to cocoa mixture. Stir in the sour cream until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Pour over warm cake. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Texas Sheet Cake(17)
Sort By :
one of the best , moist, chocolate cake recipes!
I love this easy to make cake. I use 1 cup coffee in place of the water in the cake and add 1 T instant coffee to the frosting. This makes it a wonderful Mocha cake!
I love this recipe! The first time I made it was a HUGE success and hit with everyone. The second and third time it sunk in the middle. Any thoughts?
I too, made the cake according to the recipe, and it didn't rise in the middle, like the one that uses eggs and buttermilk. It didn't look like the picture.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Frosting Recipes >
- Chocolate Icing Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >