Texas Sheet Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring the butter, water and cocoa to a boil. Remove from the heat. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; add to cocoa mixture. Stir in the sour cream until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add milk and cocoa. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Pour over warm cake. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Texas Sheet Cake(20)
Sort By :
THIS DIDN'T WORK OUT FOR ME. IT WAS FLAT AND LACKED THE TASTE OF CHOC CAKE.
MAYBE BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE EGGS
I thought it was a bit rich but certainly would do it again for company. They seem to love it! :)
So easy and so good.
one of the best , moist, chocolate cake recipes!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Frosting >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Frosting Recipes >
- Chocolate Icing Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >