Texas Ranch-Style Stew
Ground beef, beans and pasta thickens this hearty stew that's perfect for brisk autumn days. The zippy sauce, made with canned vegetable juice, gives the chunky mixture a western flair —Mrs. J.W. West of Alvord, Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Southwestern diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion, green
- pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; stir into stew. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 307 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium,