Texas Pork Burritos Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds), cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) green enchilada sauce
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil in batches. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the enchilada sauce, onion, carrots, olives, broth, cumin, garlic and oregano; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Combine flour and sour cream; stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cilantro.
- 3. Spoon 2/3 cup pork mixture onto each tortilla; top with about 3 tablespoons cheese. Roll up tightly. Yield: 10 servings.
1 burrito equals 710 calories, 37 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 1,270 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 56 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.