I'll prepare this recipe when my family has a taste for Southwestern cooking. It's a good way to use leftover chicken and nice when dinner has to be done in a hurry.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in chicken,
- chilies and mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine soup, sour cream and
- hot pepper sauce; add to pan. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Sprinkle
- mozzarella cheese in the bottom of pie shell; add chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or
- until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 332 calories, 22 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 668 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.