I'll prepare this recipe when my family has a taste for Southwestern cooking. It's a good way to use leftover chicken and nice when dinner has to be done in a hurry.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in chicken, chilies and mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine soup, sour cream and hot pepper sauce; add to pan. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese in the bottom of pie shell; add chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Texas Pie in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p73
Reviews for Texas Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review