Texas Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add cold water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- 2. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until well blended. Pour over pecans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes our clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 466 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Texas Pecan Pie
"Always turns out perfect. It's the best pecan pie I've ever tasted!"
"Best Pecan pie I ever made. I did use a store bought pastry crust to save time. The filling set up perfectly and the light syrup added just the right sweetness."
"I had to make it into 2 small pies. I believe it is for a deep dish if you don't make your own."
"This is a very good and fairly simple recipe. I would use a frozen pie crust if I was in a pinch for time. Other wise very good recipe."