Texas Pecan Pie Recipe
I won a blue ribbon for this pie at the Texas State Fair. In the military for over 20 years, I didn't really start cooking until after I retired. Now I enjoy spending my time in the kitchen.—Michelle Shockley, Witchita, Kansas
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add cold water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- 2. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until well blended. Pour over pecans.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes our clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 466 calories, 23 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC