Texas Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add cold water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until well blended. Pour over pecans.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes our clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Texas Pecan Pie(3)
Sort By :
Best Pecan Pie I ever made. I did use a store bought pastry crust to save time. The filling set up perfectly and the light syrup added just the right sweetness.
I had to make it into 2 small pies. I believe it is for a deep dish if you don't make your own.
This is a very good and fairly simple recipe. I would use a frozen pie crust if I was in a pinch for time. Other wise very good recipe.