Texas Oven-Roasted Beef Brisket Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh beef brisket (4 pounds), halved
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over brisket. In an ovenproof Dutch oven, brown meat in oil in batches. Add broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- 2. Cover and bake at 325° for 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 hours or until meat is tender. Remove brisket to a serving platter. Skim fat from cooking juices; discard bay leaf. Thinly slice meat across the grain. Serve with cooking juices. Yield: 10 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef: 263 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Reviews for Texas Oven-Roasted Beef Brisket
"No, this recipe didn't do it for us. Despite the fact it smelled great, it just didn't have much flavor. I used a 2.5 pound brisket but kept the measurements the same. I have much better and flavorful recipes for brisket I will stick with. Sorry!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.